Saturday, March 7, 2009

Narcs

So, one of our trucks is pretty far away from any other service and at least an hour from any hospital. Since getting on this truck, there have been NO narcotics for sedation or pain management. Multiple inquiries to try to get narcotics on to this truck have been shot down with multiple reasons, none of which are really valid.

Today, we take this truck to one of the volunteer stations to get supplies. The chief at the station makes a comment about narcotics being locked up on the truck.

I looked at him and said "What are you talking about? We don't have any narcs over here."

He, looking very confused, says "Yeah, there is. In that black box on the wall."

I told him, "We don't have any way of getting in there and nobody ever told me that we have narcs."

The chief looks at me and then at my partner, the resident arrogant dumbass, and says "The keys to that box are in the Master box. You just put in the code and get the keys out."

At this point, RAD (resident arrogant dumbass) says, "Oh yeah. I've known there are narcs in there but never had the code." I just stare at him.

The chief goes out to the truck with me, tells me the code, and VOILA! A whole set of narcs are up in the cabinet.

The RAD continues to try to tell me that he has known all along that there are narcs on the truck. Keep in mind, this guy will change his story many times to try to make himself look as great as possible.

I asked RAD why the hell he never said that he knew there were narcs on the truck and always talked about how we NEEDED narcs over in this area but we were never getting them.

RAD just stared at me and flopped his mouth open a couple of times then walked away.

Arg! I despise incompetence!

No comments:

Post a Comment